Buy AQE Practice Papers
All our AQE practice papers have been updated to reflect the 2021 AQE specification.
Maths Specification –
We have removed the following topics from our AQE practice papers so that the papers reflect the format and curriculum content that the children will experience in the 2021 test.
- triangular numbers;
- the use of a letter to stand for an unknown number;
- the interpretation of a calculator display in relation to money;
- multiplication beyond a 3-digit number multiplied by a 2-digit number;
- division beyond a 3-digit number divided by a single digit.
- negative numbers;
- calculating the area of a non-right-angled triangle;
- the continuous nature of measurement & the need for appropriate accuracy;
- the use of scale in simple maps and diagrams;
- calculations related to timetables involving the 24-hour clock.
- reflecting a shape in a diagonal line;
- name and describe circles, pentagons, hexagons and octagons.
- pie charts:
- mean and range;
- probability and likelihood.
English Specification –
The format of the English has remained largely the same.
Our papers contain:
- a poem followed by comprehension questions
- a basic skill passages with errors passage
- a prose passage (fiction or non-fiction) followed by comprehension questions
- a second prose passage (fiction or non-fiction) followed by comprehension questions
The literacy content includes:
- Alphabetical Order
The grammar content includes:
- Adjectives, Adverbs, Nouns, Verbs
- Capital Letters
- Words of similar meaning and opposite meaning
- Singular & Plural Nouns
- Tenses – past and present
If your child is sitting both the AQE and GL tests please visit our AQE/GL Bundle page so you do not buy duplicate materials.
(Please note: There are special rates for tutors and schools who wish to use our resources with multiple pupils. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Please do not photocopy copyright materials.)
Click on the products to see samples of each paper.