Transfer Test Revision Books Practice Papers.
The Transfer Test Revision and Practice Paper Bundle is everything you need to prepare your child for the SEAG Transfer Tests. With over 400 pages of revision materials you can revise topics and then check their knowledge with our SEAG style practice papers. Our resources have been written to replicate the curriculum and style of the real SEAG tests to give your child a comprehensive revision package.
SEAG Style Level 1 Practice Papers – 4 Papers
On Target SEAG Style Level 1 Practice Papers are based on the the SEAG GL formats and are written by On Target Resources.
Level 1 is the easiest of our staged difficulty levels. These papers will allow you to introduce your child gradually to the SEAG curriculums and formats. Level 1 contains reduced content and timings compared to Level 2 and Level 3 papers.
SEAG Style Level 1 practice papers have 30 questions, to be completed in 30 minutes.
4 Practice Papers, answers and pupil answer sheets included.
Maths Level 1 Curriculum Content –
8 multiple choice style questions with answer A to E. 4 free response questions. SEAG style pupil answer sheets.
The following topics are included in Transfer Test Maths Level 1.
- Length facts mm/cm/m/km
- Weight problems
- Volume problems
- Addition and subtraction problems
- Simple function machines
- Money problems
- Simple fraction of a number
- Simple equivalent fractions
- Comparing decimals/fractions
- Ordering simple fractions
- Ordering decimals
- Time problems
- multiply and divide decimals and whole numbers by 10, 100 and 1000
- Rounding to the nearest 10 and 100
- 12/24 hour clock
- Simple sequences
- Place value
- Simple reflections
- Properties of 2D and 3D shape
- Area and perimeter of simple shapes
- Simple compass
- Bar charts
- Simple coordinates
- Simple use the calculation
- Simple algebra
- Simple scale
- Simple percentage of a number
- Measure problems
- Negative numbers
English Level 1 Curriculum Content –
There is one comprehension passage (either poetry, fiction or non-fiction) – 5 multiple choice questions and 3 free response questions; one passages with errors section (either spelling or punctuation) – 5 questions; one grammar section – 5 questions.
The following topics are included in Transfer Test English Level 1.
- synonyms – words which mean the same as
- compound words
- parts of speech – nouns/verbs/adjectives
- proper nouns
- capital letters, full stops, commas, question marks
- spelling rules – double consonants, suffixes, double letters, homophones, vowels, common spelling mistakes
- comparative adjectives
- verbs past/present tense
SEAG Style Level 2 Practice Papers – 4 Papers
Transfer Test Level 2 papers have 40 questions, to be completed in 45 minutes.
4 Practice Papers, answers and pupil answer sheets included.
Maths Level 2 Curriculum Content –
Maths Level 2 contains all the topics in Level 1 plus the following topics.
14 multiple choice style questions with answer A to E. 6 free response questions. SEAG style pupil answer sheets.
- Weight facts g/kg
- Decimal numbers
- Equivalent decimals and fractions
- Area of a shape including decimal measures
- Time duration
- Multiplication and Division problems
- Averages – mean and range
- Sequences with pictorial patterns
- Write a number in words
- Area of more complex shapes
- Area of a triangle (right angled and non-right angled)
- Lines of symmetry
- horizonal and vertical lines
- Algebra with division and multiplication
- Angle facts – right, acute, obtuse, reflex, straight
- Angles in a triangle
- Prime numbers, square numbers, cube numbers, multiples, triangular numbers
- Line graphs
- Multiplying and dividing problems
English Level 2 Curriculum Content –
There is one comprehension passage (either poetry, fiction or non-fiction) – 6 multiple choice questions and 4 free response questions; one passages with errors section (either spelling or punctuation) – 5 questions; one grammar section – 5 questions.
English Level 2 contains all the topics in Level 1 plus the following topics:
- apostrophe of possession
- relative pronouns
- Speech marks
- Spelling rules – plurals, adding ing/ed, suffixes and common spelling errors
SEAG Style Level 3 Practice Paper Bundle 1 – 12 papers
Level 3 papers have 56 questions, to be completed in 60 minutes.
12 Practice Papers, answers and pupil answer sheets included.
Maths Level 3 Curriculum Content –
22 multiple choice style questions with answer A to E. 6 free response questions. SEAG style pupil answer sheets.
- Volume facts L/ml
- Turning in resolutions
- More complex sequences including the fibonacci sequence
- More complex area and perimeter questions
- Venn and Carroll diagrams
- More complex use the calculation questions
- Angles in a clock face
- More complex equivalent fractions
- Finding a missing co-ordinate
- Angles in a quadrilateral
- Equations containing fractions
- Finding missing data in averages (mean)
- Nets of 3D shapes, including cubes
- Using estimation
- Area of a non-right angled triangle
- Pie Charts
- Conversion graphs
- Reflecting a shape on a diagonal line
English Level 3 Curriculum Content –
There is one comprehension passage (either poetry, fiction or non-fiction) – 7 multiple choice questions and 6 free response questions; two passages with errors sections (one spelling and one punctuation) – 10 questions; one grammar section – 5 questions.
- superlatives and comparative adjectives and adverbs
- Collective nouns
- Future and Conditional tenses
English Revision Books – PDF (252 pages)
The Complete Transfer Test English Package is a comprehensive revision guide for children and parents sitting the SEAG Transfer Tests. We have covered each English topic including teaching tips and questions that mirror the language of the test. At the end of each topic in the books there is a test your knowledge quiz to check that your child has understood what they have learned.
Transfer Test Comprehension
- There are 12 texts (4 fiction, 4 poems and 4 non-fiction)
- 5 Transfer Test Skills covered: True, False, Don’t Know; Multiple Choice; Words with similar meaning; Word or phrase search; Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives and Adverbs.
- There are 10 questions for each skill per text. Meaning you have 50 questions for each text. You can start at the beginning and work through each of the texts and questions sequentially, or you can choose to focus in on one particular skill that your child needs practise in.
- Top tips for Transfer Test comprehension success.
- Top tips to master each Transfer Test comprehension skill.
- Answer booklet
- Covers everything you need to know for the grammar section of the SEAG tests and gives practise in the style of questions covered.
- Superlatives and Comparatives
- Collective nouns
- Future and Conditional Tense
- Relative Pronouns
- Mixed Sentences
Book 1 – Grammar
- Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives and Adverbs Revision
- Past and Present Tense Revision
- Past and Present Participles
- Grammar Revision Quiz 1
- Apostrophes of Possession Revision
- Contractions Revision
- Superlatives and Comparatives Revision
- Grammar Revision Quiz 2
Book 2 – Spelling
- Compound Words Revision
- Double Consonant Revision
- Homonyms Revision
- Spelling Revision Quiz 1
- Misspelt Words Revision
- Singular and Plural Revision
- Prefixes Revision
- Suffixes Revision
- Spelling Revision Quiz 2
Book 3 – Understanding Language
- Rhyming Words Revision
- Similes Metaphors, Personification, Alliteration and Onomatopoeia Revision
- Understanding Language Revision Quiz 1
- Synonyms Revision
- Antonyms Revision
- Understanding Language Revision Quiz 2
Passages with Errors Revision
This is a unique part of the SEAG paper in which children have to find spelling and punctuation mistakes in a short passage. In our revision book we have tips for helping your child find these errors and 12 unique passages for them to practise their skills. This style of questioning is unique to the GL papers.
Maths Revision Books – PDF (416 pages)
The Complete AQE/GL Maths Package is a comprehensive revision guide for children and parents sitting the AQE or GL Transfer Tests. We have covered each maths topic including teaching tips and questions that mirror the language of the test. At the end of each topic in the books there is a test your knowledge quiz to check that your child has understood what they have learned.
Book 1 – Data Handling
- Graphs and Charts
- Venn and Carroll Diagrams
Book 2 – Measure 1
- Area and Perimeter
- Litres and Millilitres
Book 3 – Measure 2
Book 4 – Shape
- 2D Shape
- 3D Shape
Book 5 – Number 1
- Four Operations
- Function Machines
- Understanding Operations
- Multiply and Divide by by 10, 100, 1000
Book 6 – Number 2
- Fractions, Decimals, Percentages Mixed
- Special Numbers
Book 7 – Number 3
- Place Value
(Please note: There are special rates for tutors and schools who wish to use our resources with multiple pupils. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Please do not photocopy copyright materials.)
This is an instant PDF download which you can print out at home. Do not share these files electronically with anyone else or allow anyone else to photocopy them. If you would like to purchase printed copies please visit here >>
For Transfer Test tuition support please visit our tuition website.
After purchasing AQE/GL Revision and Practice Paper Bundle you will receive an email with the links to download your resources. If we make any updates to the papers your links will be updated so please do not delete the email until you have finished using the resources. If you experience any problem with the download process, please email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
Printed copies will be sent out the next working day via 1st or 2nd class Royal Mail.