AQE Revision Books Practice Papers.
The AQE Revision and Practice Paper Bundle is everything you need to prepare your child for the AQE tests. With over 400 pages of revision materials you can revise topics and then check their knowledge with our 20 stage difficulty level AQE style practice papers. Our resources have been written to align with the curriculum and style of the real AQE tests to give your child a comprehensive revision package.
**All AQE Practice Papers are updated to the AQE 2022 Specification
** Please note – our practice papers have been updated to the 2022 specification. The revision books have not been edited to the 2022 spec due to the differing specifications of both the AQE and GL tests. We have not removed any maths topics from the revision books.
AQE Style Level 1 Practice Papers
On Target AQE Style Level 1 Practice Papers are based on the the AQE format and are written by On Target Resources.
Level 1 is the easiest of our staged difficulty levels. These papers will allow you to introduce your child gradually to the AQE curriculum and format. Level 1 contains reduced content and timings compared to Level 2 and Level 3 papers.
AQE Level 1 papers have 27 questions, to be completed in 30 minutes.
Maths Level 1 Curriculum Content –
The following topics are included in AQE Maths Level 1.
- Length facts mm/cm/m/km
- Weight problems
- Volume problems
- Addition and subtraction problems
- Simple function machines
- Money problems
- Simple fraction of a number
- Simple equivalent fractions
- Comparing decimals/fractions
- Ordering simple fractions
- Ordering decimals
- Fraction of a number problems
- Time problems
- multiply and divide decimals and whole numbers by 10, 100 and 1000
- Square numbers, odd and even numbers, multiples, factors
- Rounding to the nearest 10 and 100
- 12/24 hour clock
- Simple sequences
- Place value
- Simple reflections
- Properties of 2D and 3D shape
- Area and perimeter of simple shapes
- Simple compass
- Bar charts
- Simple coordinates
- Simple use the calculation
English Level 1 Curriculum Content –
There is one comprehension passage (either poetry or prose) and one passages with errors section.
The following topics are included in AQE English Level 1.
- past/present tense
- alphabetical order
- compound words
- proper nouns
- Capital letters, full stops, commas, question marks
- Spelling rules – double consonants
- Identifying types of passage
- Definitions of a glossary, bibliography, index and contents page
AQE Style Level 2 Practice Papers
Level 2 is the middle stage of our staged difficulty levels. These papers will allow you to introduce your child gradually to the AQE curriculum and format. Level 2 contains all the content contained in Level 1, plus some extra topics listed below.
AQE Level 2 papers have 35 questions, to be completed in 45 minutes.
Maths Level 2 Curriculum Content –
AQE Maths Level 2 contains all the topics in Level 1 plus the following topics.
- Weight facts g/kg
- Decimal numbers
- Equivalent decimals and fractions
- Area of a shape including decimal measures
- Volume of a shape including decimal measures
- Time duration
- Multiplication and Division problems
- Averages – mean
- Sequences with pictorial patterns
- Write a number in words
- Area of more complex shapes
- Area of a triangle
- Lines of symmetry
- horizonal and vertical lines
- Angle facts – right, acute, obtuse, reflex, straight
- Angles in a triangle
- Prime numbers, cube numbers
- Line graphs
English Level 2 Curriculum Content –
There is one comprehension passage (either poetry or prose) and one passages with errors section.
AQE English Level 2 contains all the topics in Level 1 plus the following topics:
- apostrophe of possession
- Speech marks
- Spelling rules – plurals, adding ing/ed, suffixes and common spelling errors
- Definitions of a thesaurus, dictionary, author, illustrator
AQE Style Level 3 Maths and English Practice Papers Set 1, 2 and 3
On Target AQE Style Level 3 Practice Papers are based on the the AQE format and are written by On Target Resources.
Level 3 is the final stage of our staged difficulty levels. These papers will allow your child to practice papers containing the 2022 AQE curriculum and timings. Level 3 contains all the content contained in Level 1 and 2, plus the extra topics listed below.
AQE Level 3 papers have 58 questions, to be completed in 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Maths Level 3 Curriculum Content –
AQE Maths Level 3 contains all the topics in Level 1 and Level 2 plus the following topics.
- Volume facts L/ml
- Turning in resolutions
- More complex sequences including the fibonacci sequence
- More complex area and perimeter questions
- Venn and Carroll diagrams
- More complex use the calculation questions
- Angles in a clock face
- More complex equivalent fractions
- Finding a missing co-ordinate
- Angles in a quadrilateral
- Equations containing fractions
- Finding missing data in averages (mean)
- Nets of 3D shapes, including cubes
- Using estimation
- Area of a non-right angled triangle
English Level 3 Curriculum Content –
There are 3 comprehensions passage (2 prose and 1 poetry) and one passages with errors section.
AQE English Level 3 contains all the topics in Level 1 and Level 2 plus the following topics:
- Convert nouns to verbs and adjectives
- Collective nouns
English Revision Books – PDF (252 pages)
The AQE Revision and Practice Paper Bundle – English is a comprehensive revision guide for children and parents sitting the AQE or GL Transfer Tests. We have covered each English topic including teaching tips and questions that mirror the language of the test. At the end of each topic in the books there is a test your knowledge quiz to check that your child has understood what they have learned.
Transfer Test Comprehension
What is included:
- There are 12 texts (4 fiction, 4 poems and 4 non-fiction)
- 5 Transfer Test Skills covered: True, False, Don’t Know; Multiple Choice; Words with similar meaning; Word or phrase search; Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives and Adverbs.
- There are 10 questions for each skill per text. Meaning you have 50 questions for each text. You can start at the beginning and work through each of the texts and questions sequentially, or you can choose to focus in on one particular skill that your child needs practise in.
- Top tips for Transfer Test comprehension success.
- Top tips to master each Transfer Test comprehension skill.
- Answer booklet
Book 1 – Grammar
- Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives and Adverbs Revision
- Nouns to Verbs and Adjectives Revision
- Past and Present Tense Revision
- Past and Present Participles Revision
- Grammar Revision Quiz 1
- Apostrophes of Possession Revision
- Contractions Revision
- Superlatives Revision
- Grammar Revision Quiz 2
Book 2 – Spelling
- Compound Words Revision
- Double Consonant Revision
- Homonyms Revision
- Spelling Revision Quiz 1
- Misspelt Words Revision
- Singular and Plural Revision
- Prefixes Revision
- Suffixes Revision
- Spelling Revision Quiz 2
Book 3 – Understanding Language
- Alphabetical Order Revision
- Rhyming Words Revision
- Similes, Alliteration and Onomatopoeia Revision
- Understanding Language Revision Quiz 1
- Synonyms Revision
- Antonyms Revision
- Understanding Language Revision Quiz 2
AQE Passages with Errors Revision
This booklet consists of a series of 5 multiple choice questions in which the children must find the mistakes in a passage. In our revision book we have tips for helping your child find these errors and 12 unique passages for them to practise their skills. This style of questioning is unique to the AQE papers. This contains the same texts as GL Passages with Errors but the errors are different so both can be purchased by those doing both the AQE and GL exams.
GL Passages with Errors Revision
Passages with errors occur in every GL paper. This section consists of a series of 10 multiple choice questions in which the children must find the mistakes in a passage. In our revision book we have tips for helping your child find these errors and 12 unique passages for them to practise their skills. This style of questioning is unique to the GL papers. This contains the same texts as GL Passages with Errors but the errors are different so both can be purchased by those doing both the AQE and GL exams.
Maths Revision Books – PDF (416 pages)
The AQE Revision and Practice Paper Bundle – Maths is a comprehensive revision guide for children and parents sitting the AQE or GL Transfer Tests. We have covered each maths topic including teaching tips and questions that mirror the language of the test. At the end of each topic in the books there is a test your knowledge quiz to check that your child has understood what they have learned.
Book 1 – Data Handling
- Graphs and Charts
- Venn and Carroll Diagrams
Book 2 – Measure 1
- Area and Perimeter
- Litres and Millilitres
Book 3 – Measure 2
Book 4 – Shape
- 2D Shape
- 3D Shape
Book 5 – Number 1
- Four Operations
- Function Machines
- Understanding Operations
- Multiply and Divide by by 10, 100, 1000
Book 6 – Number 2
- Fractions, Decimals, Percentages Mixed
- Special Numbers
Book 7 – Number 3
- Place Value
(Please note: There is a special rate for tutors and schools who wish to use our resources with multiple pupils. Email email@example.com for details. Please do not photocopy copyright materials.)
After purchasing the AQE Revision and Practice Paper Bundle you will receive an email with the links to download your resources. If we make any updates to the papers your links will be updated so please do not delete the email until you have finished using the resources. If you experience any problem with the download process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
If you order printed copies of the resources you will receive a confirmation email. We will then post the product out to you 2nd class Royal Mail. We aim to post it either the same day or the following working day. 2nd class Royal Mail usually takes between 2 and 3 working days.
Is your child sitting the AQE and the GL tests? Take a look at our AQE and GL bundle.
You can get help with AQE Transfer test preparation by visiting our tuition website.
On Target Tuition have been helping to prepare children for the AQE Transfer Test for the past 14 years from our Lisburn City Centre tuition centre. We noticed a gap in the market for high quality, up to date AQE practice papers that mirrored the curriculum set out by the AQE, therefore we decided to write our own resources because a lot of what was available was outdated or contained questions that would never be asked in the AQE tests. From here On Target Resources was born. We hope you find our resources helpful and would be grateful for any feedback you might have.