AQE Revision Books and 12 Practice Papers.
The AQE Revision and Practice Paper Bundle is everything you need to prepare your child for the AQE tests. With over 400 pages of revision materials you can revise topics and then check their knowledge with our 12 AQE style practice papers. Our resources have been written to replicate the curriculum and style of the real AQE tests to give your child a comprehensive revision package.
AQE Practice Papers – 2021 Specification
Set 1, 2 and 3
All our AQE practice papers have been updated to reflect the 2021 AQE specification.
Maths Specification –
We have removed the following topics so that the papers reflect the format and curriculum content that the children will experience in the 2021 test.
- triangular numbers;
- the use of a letter to stand for an unknown number;
- the interpretation of a calculator display in relation to money;
- multiplication beyond a 3-digit number multiplied by a 2-digit number;
- division beyond a 3-digit number divided by a single digit.
- negative numbers;
- calculating the area of a non-right-angled triangle;
- the continuous nature of measurement & the need for appropriate accuracy;
- the use of scale in simple maps and diagrams;
- calculations related to timetables involving the 24-hour clock.
- reflecting a shape in a diagonal line;
- name and describe circles, pentagons, hexagons and octagons.
- pie charts:
- mean and range;
- probability and likelihood.
English Specification –
The format of the English has remained largely the same.
Our papers contain:
- a poem followed by comprehension questions
- a basic skill passages with errors passage
- a prose passage (fiction or non-fiction) followed by comprehension questions
- a second prose passage (fiction or non-fiction) followed by comprehension questions
The literacy content includes:
- Spelling – using a variety of skills to spell words correctly by identifying commonly misspelt words
or misuse of homophones.
- Punctuation – correctly using full stops, commas, question marks, exclamation marks, apostrophes (contraction or singular/plural possession) and quotation/speech marks.
- Alphabetical Order – arranging words in alphabetical order.
- Rhymes – identifying words in a poem which rhyme.
The grammar content includes:
- Adjectives – identify an adjective in a sentence.
- Adverbs – identify an adverb in a sentence.
- Nouns – identify a noun in a sentence.
- Verbs – identify a verb in a sentence.
- Capital Letters – identify when capital letters should be used.
- Opposites – identify the opposite of a given word.
- Words of similar meaning – identify means of a similar meaning in a sentence.
- Singular & Plural Nouns – identify the singular/plural form of a given noun.
- Tenses – identify present tense, past tense and participles of verbs, for example,
swim (present tense), swam (past tense), swum (past participle),
swimming (present participle).
If your child is not sitting the tests in 2021 please email email@example.com. I can email you the 2022 specification papers after you make your purchase. Just let me know and I will sort it asap.
AQE Practice papers Set 1 ,Set 2 and Set 3. 12 papers. PDF Instant Download.
Designed to replicate the real AQE past papers in style and layout. AQE practice papers Set 1,2 and 3 were written after careful analysis of all the AQE Past Papers from 2011 to 2018. Our AQE practice papers contain 58 questions and have a total of 64 marks, just like the real past papers. Your child will have the chance to practice poetry comprehension, non-fiction comprehension, fiction comprehension and passages with errors sections. The maths covers the full AQE curriculum and includes number, measure, shape and data handling questions.
- AQE Set 1
- Answer booklet
- AQE Set 2
- Answer booklet
- AQE Set 3
- Answer booklet
AQE Practice Papers PDF Instant Download
The Complete AQE/GL English Package – PDF (252 pages)
The AQE Revision and Practice Paper Bundle – English is a comprehensive revision guide for children and parents sitting the AQE or GL Transfer Tests. We have covered each English topic including teaching tips and questions that mirror the language of the test. At the end of each topic in the books there is a test your knowledge quiz to check that your child has understood what they have learned.
Transfer Test Comprehension
What is included:
- There are 12 texts (4 fiction, 4 poems and 4 non-fiction)
- 5 Transfer Test Skills covered: True, False, Don’t Know; Multiple Choice; Words with similar meaning; Word or phrase search; Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives and Adverbs.
- There are 10 questions for each skill per text. Meaning you have 50 questions for each text. You can start at the beginning and work through each of the texts and questions sequentially, or you can choose to focus in on one particular skill that your child needs practise in.
- Top tips for Transfer Test comprehension success.
- Top tips to master each Transfer Test comprehension skill.
- Answer booklet
Book 1 – Grammar
- Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives and Adverbs Revision
- Nouns to Verbs and Adjectives Revision
- Past and Present Tense Revision
- Grammar Revision Quiz 1
- Apostrophes of Possession Revision
- Contractions Revision
- Superlatives Revision
- Grammar Revision Quiz 2
Book 2 – Spelling
- Compound Words Revision
- Double Consonant Revision
- Homonyms Revision
- Spelling Revision Quiz 1
- Misspelt Words Revision
- Singular and Plural Revision
- Prefixes Revision
- Suffixes Revision
- Spelling Revision Quiz 2
Book 3 – Understanding Language
- Alphabetical Order Revision
- Rhyming Words Revision
- Similes, Alliteration and Onomatopoeia Revision
- Understanding Language Revision Quiz 1
- Synonyms Revision
- Antonyms Revision
- Understanding Language Revision Quiz 2
AQE Passages with Errors Revision
This booklet consists of a series of 5 multiple choice questions in which the children must find the mistakes in a passage. In our revision book we have tips for helping your child find these errors and 12 unique passages for them to practise their skills. This style of questioning is unique to the AQE papers. This contains the same texts as GL Passages with Errors but the errors are different so both can be purchased by those doing both the AQE and GL exams.
GL Passages with Errors Revision
Passages with errors occur in every GL paper. This section consists of a series of 10 multiple choice questions in which the children must find the mistakes in a passage. In our revision book we have tips for helping your child find these errors and 12 unique passages for them to practise their skills. This style of questioning is unique to the GL papers. This contains the same texts as GL Passages with Errors but the errors are different so both can be purchased by those doing both the AQE and GL exams.
The Complete AQE/GL Maths Package – PDF (416 pages)
The AQE Revision and Practice Paper Bundle – Maths is a comprehensive revision guide for children and parents sitting the AQE or GL Transfer Tests. We have covered each maths topic including teaching tips and questions that mirror the language of the test. At the end of each topic in the books there is a test your knowledge quiz to check that your child has understood what they have learned.
Book 1 – Data Handling
- Graphs and Charts
- Venn and Carroll Diagrams
Book 2 – Measure 1
- Area and Perimeter
- Litres and Millilitres
Book 3 – Measure 2
Book 4 – Shape
- 2D Shape
- 3D Shape
Book 5 – Number 1
- Four Operations
- Function Machines
- Understanding Operations
- Multiply and Divide by by 10, 100, 1000
Book 6 – Number 2
- Fractions, Decimals, Percentages Mixed
- Special Numbers
Book 7 – Number 3
- Place Value
(Please note: There are special rates for tutors and schools who wish to use our resources with multiple pupils. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Please do not photocopy copyright materials.)
This is an instant PDF download which you can print out at home. Do not share these files electronically with anyone else or allow anyone else to photocopy them. If you would like to purchase printed copies please visit here >>
For Transfer Test tuition support please visit our tuition website.
After purchase you will receive an email with the links to download your resources. You will be able to download them twice before the link expires. Please save them to your computer. If you experience any problem with the download process, please email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to help.