Transfer Test Practice Papers – Level 1 and Level 2
SEAG Style Level 1 and Level 2 Practice Papers
On Target SEAG Style Level 1 and Level 2 Practice Papers are based on the the SEAG GL format and are written by On Target Resources. The format is a mixture of multiple choice and free response answers.
Level 1 is the easiest of our staged difficulty levels. These papers will allow you to introduce your child gradually to the SEAG curriculum and format. Level 1 contains reduced content and timings compared to Level 2 and Level 3 papers.
Transfer Test Level 1 papers have 30 questions, to be completed in 30 minutes.
Maths Level 1 Curriculum Content –
8 multiple choice style questions with answer A to E. 4 free response questions. SEAG style pupil answer sheets.
The following topics are included in Transfer Test Maths Level 1.
- Length facts mm/cm/m/km
- Weight problems
- Volume problems
- Addition and subtraction problems
- Simple function machines
- Money problems
- Simple fraction of a number
- Simple equivalent fractions
- Comparing decimals/fractions
- Ordering simple fractions
- Ordering decimals
- Time problems
- multiply and divide decimals and whole numbers by 10, 100 and 1000
- Rounding to the nearest 10 and 100
- 12/24 hour clock
- Simple sequences
- Place value
- Simple reflections
- Properties of 2D and 3D shape
- Area and perimeter of simple shapes
- Simple compass
- Bar charts
- Simple coordinates
- Simple use the calculation
- Simple algebra
- Simple scale
- Simple percentage of a number
- Measure problems
- Negative numbers
English Level 1 Curriculum Content –
There is one comprehension passage (either poetry, fiction or non-fiction) – 5 multiple choice questions and 3 free response questions; one passages with errors section (either spelling or punctuation) – 5 questions; one grammar section – 5 questions.
The following topics are included in Transfer Test English Level 1.
- synonyms – words which mean the same as
- compound words
- parts of speech – nouns/verbs/adjectives
- proper nouns
- capital letters, full stops, commas, question marks
- spelling rules – double consonants, suffixes, double letters, homophones, vowels, common spelling mistakes
- comparative adjectives
- verbs past/present tense
Transfer Test Level 2 papers have 40 questions, to be completed in 45 minutes.
Maths Level 2 Curriculum Content –
Maths Level 2 contains all the topics in Level 1 plus the following topics.
14 multiple choice style questions with answer A to E. 6 free response questions. SEAG style pupil answer sheets.
- Weight facts g/kg
- Decimal numbers
- Equivalent decimals and fractions
- Area of a shape including decimal measures
- Time duration
- Multiplication and Division problems
- Averages – mean and range
- Sequences with pictorial patterns
- Write a number in words
- Area of more complex shapes
- Area of a triangle (right angled and non-right angled)
- Lines of symmetry
- horizonal and vertical lines
- Algebra with division and multiplication
- Angle facts – right, acute, obtuse, reflex, straight
- Angles in a triangle
- Prime numbers, square numbers, cube numbers, multiples, triangular numbers
- Line graphs
- Multiplying and dividing problems
English Level 2 Curriculum Content –
There is one comprehension passage (either poetry, fiction or non-fiction) – 6 multiple choice questions and 4 free response questions; one passages with errors section (either spelling or punctuation) – 5 questions; one grammar section – 5 questions.
AQE English Level 2 contains all the topics in Level 1 plus the following topics:
- apostrophe of possession
- relative pronouns
- Speech marks
- Spelling rules – plurals, adding ing/ed, suffixes and common spelling errors
What is included?
- Transfer Test Level 1 – choose your sets
- Transfer Test Level 2 – choose your sets
- Answer sheets
- Pupil answer sheets
(Please note: There is a special rate for tutors and schools who wish to use our resources with multiple pupils. Email email@example.com for details. Please do not photocopy copyright materials.)
After purchase you will receive an email with the links to download your resources. You will be able to download by clicking on the download link. Please do not click on the product link to download. Please save them to your computer. If you experience any problem with the download process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
Printed copies will be sent out the next working day via 1st or 2nd class Royal Mail.
You can get help with Transfer test preparation by visiting our tuition website.
On Target Tuition have been helping to prepare children for the Transfer Test for the past 15 years from our Lisburn City Centre tuition centre. We noticed a gap in the market for high quality, up to date practice papers that mirrored the curriculum set out by the SEAG therefore we decided to write our own resources because a lot of what was available was outdated and used the previous AQE and GL specifications. We hope you find our resources helpful and would be grateful for any feedback you might have.