The Road to the Transfer Test – Problem Solving and English Skills- PRINTED
Transfer Test Preparation for Primary 5/6 Pupils
Comprehensive Transfer Test preparation for Primary 5/6.
The focus of this 40 page booklet is on maths problem solving. Each maths topic is broken down into two parts –
- What I need to know – children have the opportunity to practise the facts and learn how to master the maths.
- Problem solving questions based on the types of questions children might face in the transfer test at just the right level for their age. The topics and problem solving questions are designed to help children in the last term of P5 and the beginning of P6 with the aim to build confidence in this essential skill.
- Addition – one step problems
- Addition – two step problems
- Subtraction – one step problems
- Subtraction – two step problems
- Addition and Subtraction – 2 step problems
- Multiplication – one step problems
- Multiplication – two step problems
- Division no remainders – one step problems
- Division with remainders – one step problems
- Addition/Subtraction?Division – two step problems
- Time Duration problems
- Money problems
- Simple fraction of problems
- More complex fraction of problems
- Simple percentage problems
- Decimal problems
- Measure using length problems
- Measure using weight and volume problems
- Area and perimeter problems
- Mixed problems
English Skills 1
The focus of this 40 page booklet is on error correction and word meanings. These are both essential skills needed for the Northern Irish AQE and GL Transfer Tests. Both tests contain error correction sections which focus on spelling and punctuation errors. Transfer Test comprehension always includes finding synonyms. This skill is often new to children when they start practice papers. Teach them the techniques early and the papers will be less daunting!
- Homophone error correction
- Common spelling errors – plural nouns, double consonants, common misspellings
- Common spelling error correction
- Punctuation including contractions and apostrophe of possession
- Punctuation correction
- Words with similar meanings
- Mixed error correction
English Skills 2
Comprehensive Transfer Test English preparation for Primary 5/6.
The focus of this 30 page booklet is on comprehension and grammar. These are both essential skills needed for the Northern Irish AQE and GL Transfer Tests. Comprehension is the number one area that parents say their child struggles with when they begin practice papers of the AQE and GL tests. This booklet contains short comprehension passages with focused questions based on the types of questions asked in the Transfer Test. Children are not asked to write in sentences in the Transfer Test. Questions are multiple choice answers or require them to write short phrases or words.
Transfer Test comprehension always includes recognising and finding nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs within a passage. This skill is often new to children when they start practice papers. Teach them the techniques early and the papers will be less daunting!
- Nouns, verb, adjectives and adverbs identification.
- 12 comprehension passages with 10 Transfer style questions for each passage.
(Please note: There are special rates for schools and tutors. Please contact us to find out more.)
This is the printed version of this resource. Postage is by 2nd class Royal Mail and is free. If you would like to purchase PDF instant download copies please visit the pdf version.
To buy our AQE and GL practice papers please visit our AQE/GL practice paper page.
To buy our AQE and GL revision books please visit our AQE/GL revision book paper page.
For Transfer Test preparation please visit the On Target Tuition website.