GL Style Practice Papers – 2021 Specification
GL Style Maths and English Practice Papers Set 1, 2, 3 and 4.
(PDF) 16 Maths and 16 English.
On Target GL Style Maths and English practice papers are based on the the GL PPTC multiple choice format and are written by On Target Resources.
All our GL style practice papers have been updated to reflect the 2021 GL specification.
Maths Specification –
We have removed the following topics from our GL practice papers so that the papers reflect the format and curriculum content that the children will experience in the 2021 test.
- Proportion will not be examined.
- Ratio, including scale will not be examined.
- There will be no algebra questions.
- There will be no questions involving use of brackets.
- Pie charts will not be used in questions.
- Probability and likelihood will not be examined.
- There will be no questions on cube numbers.
- There will be no questions involving negative numbers.
- Averages will be limited to mean i.e. there will be no questions on mode or median.
- Calculation of perimeter and area are included but calculation of the volume of cubes and cuboids is not.
- Questions may be asked on 2D shapes but not on 3D shapes.
- Metric units for length, mass and volume will be limited to cm, m, km (length), g, kg (mass) and ml, l (volume).
- Although questions may be asked on 12 and 24-hour clocks there will not be any questions which use timetables
Our GL Maths practice papers have 45 questions, to be completed in 45 minutes.
English Specification –
GL English practice papers have 50 questions, to be completed in 50 minutes meaning they replicate the real 2021 tests. There is one poetry comprehension and one prose comprehension in each English paper. There is one punctuation passages with errors section and one spelling passages with errors section.
**Please note. There are still some 19th Century texts in our papers.
What is included?
- GL Practice Papers Set 1, 2, 3 and 4 Maths (16 papers)
- GL Practice Papers Set 1,2, 3 and 4 English (16 papers)
- Answer sheets
- GL style pupil answer recording sheets
(Please note: There is a special rate for tutors and schools who wish to use our resources with multiple pupils. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Please do not photocopy copyright materials.)
Is your child sitting the AQE and the GL tests? Take a look at our AQE and GL bundle.
You can get help with GL Transfer test preparation by visiting our tuition website.
On Target Tuition have been helping to prepare children for the GL Transfer Test for the past 12 years from our Lisburn City Centre tuition centre. We noticed a gap in the market for high quality, up to date GL practice papers that mirrored the curriculum set out by the PPTC, therefore we decided to write our own resources because a lot of what was available was outdated or contained questions that would never be asked in the GL tests. From here On Target Resources was born. We hope you find our resources helpful and would be grateful for any feedback you might have.
After purchase you will receive an email with the links to download your resources. You will be able to download them twice before the link expires. Please save them to your computer. If you experience any problem with the download process, please email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to help.